Saturday, December 10, 2016

Donald Trump's Interest in Foreign Policy

So, Donald Trump has chosen to receive one Presidential intelligence briefing a week, far fewer than his predecessors, and fewer than the Vice President-elect as well.

Indiana Governor Mike Pence, Trump's vice president-elect, has been receiving his own PDB at least six days a week, the sources familiar with the matter said.

Former Central Intelligence Agency briefer David Priess, the author of a book about PDBs, said that traditionally, Trump and Pence's predecessors sat for "daily or near-daily intelligence briefings" between their elections and their inaugurations.

Donald Trump is also, reportedly, infatuated with generals and the movie Patton.

Patton is a great movie.  I own it and love it.  Personally speaking, if I were elected President, I would leave Patton on the shelf for eight years, because I would be too busy reading my Presidential intelligence briefings, but I haven't been elected President, now have I?

Trump is not alone in his love for PattonDick Nixon used to get hammered and watch Patton late at night; it is said that watching the film inspired Nixon's invasion of Cambodia.  Nope, I'm not making that up.  The incursion into Cambodia was effective in the short term but in the long term, of course, America got its ass whupped good by the Vietnamese.

Donald Trump is known not to drink, but he does stay up late and he does love Patton.  If Donald Trump gets fired up after watching Patton late at night, rather than invading any countries unexpectedly, I invite him to give me a ring and maybe we can play some Civilization VI together.  That way everyone gets their war-rocks off and no innocent people die.  I'm happy to pitch in!

No comments:

Post a Comment